Friday, September 10, 2010

Tuttles Orchard






Yesterday we went to the apple orchard with our neighbors and their little girls! We had so much fun! It was a perfect day for it. And since we were all going together, I decided to make everyone shirts. They turned out so cute!

















I after the orchard I came home and made a homemade apple pie to take to some friends house for dinner. I felt so much like Martha Stewart. I thought i would share the recipe because it was so YUMMY and so easy!

Nana's (not mine, but my Friend Kelly's) Apple Pie:
4 large tart apples (peeled, cored, and sliced thin)
1 cup sugar (1/2 will be used for apples and 1/2 for toppings)
1 tbsp. cinnamon
3/4 cup flour
1/3 cup butter
1- 9" unbaked pie shell, or you can make your own. I however perfer the crust you roll out

Mix 1/2 cup sugar, cinnamon, and pour over peeled and sliced apples
Place in prepared apples into pie crust
For the topping: sift 1/2 cup of sugar with the 3/4 cup of flour, and cut in the 1/3 cup butter until crumbly. Put the crumbs on top of the pie and bake 15 min at 435 degrees, turn down the over to 350 and bake 30 min or longer.

Oh and it is a MUST to serve with ice cream :)

No comments: