Monday, July 26, 2010
Here are some random thought that keep flowing in my head...
1) I have to have a root canal tomorrow and I am NOT looking forward to it. I hate pain, I hate the dentist (however we are friends with our dentist so I don't hate him.... just his profession) and i would rather do ANYTHING else besides be in the dentist chair at 8:30 AM
2) I have been knee deep in redecorating Eric's offices. It looks great and is coming along. Men have such a funny view of decor. However I think the changes are drastic enough because ALL his employees are noticing
3) My mother in law, sister in law, and neice are in town. It has been so fun to have them and they have played a LOT with John Hunter. Today I was able to go work at Eric's office as well as go to a meeting and they went to the pool all afternoon...
4) God has really blessed me with some great friends... I have a dear friend that everyday I wake up and think, what would I do without her and her family in my life. She is so wonderful, her life is a little crazy right now and almost always she is encouraging me and loving on me... she has encouraged me to be that way to others.
5) My sister in law Sarah is getting married in Nov. and we are taking a whole week and headed out to CO for Thanksgiving... even now talking about it Eric and I get giddy.
6) Marriage is hard, but God is good. Eric and I have been really intentional about being together without any "distractions" lately. I am reminded why we fell in love and how my role as a wife is to be his support and help... I am hoping to strengthen those roles!
7) I am ready for school to start... we are in need of a schedule, but I sure am loving my summer!
8) that is it... the end!
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Growing up and even to this day one of my favorite memories has to be when company came into town. I vividly remember a time when my Gran and Granddad were coming into town, I had to be around 9 years old, and I paced and watched the front door waiting for them to drive in from Flordia. My PARENTS... both my mom and dad are great host and hostess. IF you have ever stayed at their house, been to their house, or just been around them. They will make you feel like you could stay for eternity and be treated like royalty!
Another great example, when Eric and I decided that we were taking our "realationship" to the serious state and Eric decided to leave MN and move to KY, my parents offerend for him to stay at their home. To live there (I however had a house in Lexington). To this day Eric will tell you it was the best time of his life... he LOVED living there, he was treated like an only child, and a prince.
I too love to host. I love to have people in our house, I love company, I love the smell of breads baking, clean floors, vaccum lines in the carpet, and everything it entails:) I know that it has been said before if you want to get stuff at your house done host a party or have company. Well since moving to Indy that has not be true. It has been hard to get my act together. Call it depression, call it lonliness, call it whatever you want, but i have been ok with just ok. We this week was a little different, I started to really want to get some stuff done around the house and what better way to say welcome than the front door. I should have taken a picture of the before, but I didn't so here is the after. And as always, you all are welcome to come a visit anytime!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Sunday, July 4, 2010
Thursday, July 1, 2010
So this past Christmas was just a blur for us. We moved in our home on the 23rd and we continued unpacking well into the new year... well John Hunter was given a Zhu Zhu pet for Christmas. He didn't seem to so much interest in it at the time, so I put it away for another day. Well today was that day!
We got it out this after noon and to say he is in LOVE would be an understatement! Snoodles has become a new family pet. I am also really excited because i have gift card to Build a Bear and they have Zhu Zhu stuff there so he can add to the collection... Who doesn't love Christmas in July?
PS... excuse the darkness of this photo and the spaghettio's on his face...