Friday, July 31, 2009
Today is my 1/2 Birthday... now come one people... in 6 months I am gonna be 30!!! Can you believe it. Here are my goals for the next 6 months... before I am 30!
1) Loose 30 pounds
2) Go on a weekend get away with just Eric
3) Visit some friends
4) Become an aunt (this has nothing to do with me, but I will be an aunt in the next 6 months)
5) Daily spend time in the Word... Jesus ministry began at 30... so I will let you fill in the rest
6) Start planning a party... for my 30th... it's coming in 6 months in case you havent heard
7) Sell/Rent our home in Lexington and find the perfect home for us here in Indy
8) Ummm... there are a few more, but I will leave those for later :)
Happy 1/2 Birthday to me.... if you read the below post you will find out we are having a cook out tonight... I am thinking about making 1/2 a b-day cake for tonight :) How fun would that be???
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
1) Sheperding Your Child's Heart
2) Sacred Parenting
However I am also reading The Virtuous Woman, by Vicki Courtney. It is a great book and I highly recommend any and all women at whatever stage of their womanhood read it. I have grown and gained a lot from it. So if you are at your local library, or Christian Bookstore, pick it up, it wil be well worth it!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
- Went to the zoo with Gigi and Grandad
- Went for motorcycle rides
- Mommy and Daddy got some alone time on the motorcycle
- Went to Monkey Joe's with friends
- Played with the neighbors
- Went to the Indiana Indians baseball game and saw our good friends the Green's... super special treat
- Worked out everyday
- Worship in the Park on Saturday night with our church (awesome experience)
- Spinning class this morning with Eric...
- And there are still hours left in this weekend... what will we get into????
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Thursday, July 16, 2009
Today we had some pictures done for a local print ad. I am not sure who was more excited, JH for playing with a golf club or me for have free photos. The Picture People are who took them and I think they did an EXCELLENT job. I have never used them before, but I HIGHLY recommend them!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
B- Bed size: King
C - Chore you hate: Cleaning bathrooms
D - Dog's names: Tye and Deacon
E - Essential start your day item:Diet Dr. Pepper
F - Favorite color: red
G - Gold or Silver: Silver
H - Height: 5'6
I - Instruments you play: ?????
J - Job title: mommy
K - Kid(s): John Hunter
L - Living arrangements: rental home in Indy... waiting for house in Lexington to sell
M - Mom's name: Marige
N - Nicknames: KJ
O - Overnight hospital stay other than birth: a number of times for Chron's disease
P - Pet Peeve: white socks with dress shoes,
Q - Quote from a movie: Her colors are blush and bashful, her colors are pink and pink!
R - Right or left handed: Right
S - Siblings: only child
T - Time you wake up: 8:00
U- First word that comes to your mind for "U": underware
V - Vegetable you dislike: red peppers
W - Ways you run late: trying to do too much before I leave
X - X-rays you've had: teeth, ankles, stomach, etc
Y - Yummy food you make: salsa, soups, baked goods, and Eric and I make a great pizza
Z - Zoo favorites: polar bears
Monday, July 13, 2009
We went to the Cabin in Long Lake, WI to celebrate Ta's 80th birthday! It was great time that was had by all. The day started out with boating, fishing, sunbathing, etc. It was a blast and JH is in love with the cabin... however I have no idea why he wouldn't it... it is a blessed place.
All of Eric's extended family came and it was great to see them, interact with them, and celebrate the life of Ta with them. Here is the note that Eric and I wrote for Ta's memory book:
A legacy is something that is carried down from generation to generation. What a legacy you have given us. 80 years of vibrate life, full of joy, love, and family. Being the first and oldest grandchild left for LOTS of spoiling, kisses, hugs, walks, and memories, like the time Andy and I came down for a visit. The cabin will be forever etched in my mind and heart as a place of peace, family, and you. It was a place I could always come and you were always there with open arms. Thank you for building a home on the lake where we could come and explore, bring friends, ski, play cards, and be a family.
Now at almost 30 I am a father and husband. It brings me great joy that you love my wife and son the way you have loved me. Kendra holds a special place in her heart for you. Our marriage brought her a grandmother which was something that she was missing after hers had passed. You stepped right in and loved on her, encouraged her, laughed with her, and considered her one of your own grandkids.
I remember being so excited to call and tell you that Kendra and I were expecting, your first great-grandchild. He loves you so much Ta. He talks about playing ball with you, walking Tuffy boy, and of course saying BINGO!!!
Thank you for loving me, it has been a true joy to call you “Ta”. Today we celebrate your life, 80 years of living. Happy Birthday!
A great time was had by all... as you can tell!
Friday, July 10, 2009
Today we celebrated the birth of my first "niece". I use the term lightly because they are aren't 100%.. the ultrasound tech said girl, but also suggested they keep the receipts. We had just a wonderful shower, it was so much fun to see all the baby stuff... it kinda made me want to get mine back out and use it again :) NOT YET....
Anyway, she got lots of wonderful stuff for the bundle of joy who is set to arrive on September 29... however I guessed September 11... I think I am right!
It was good to seen all my inlaws friends and John Hunter was a superstar. We are headed to the cabin tomorrow to celebrate Ta's 80th birthday... what a fun day, food, fellowship, lake, boats, etc.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Last night we all got on our Twins gear and headed out to the Ballpark... it was a lot of fun. John Hunter was beside himself. He just LOVED it. However, the Twins mascot is a bear named "TC" and he thought it was a lion and he was petrified! Aunt Sarah walked him around and calmed him down. But this afternoon he woke up from his nap still talking about the lion.
The Twins played the Yankees, but could not pull out a win :( BOOOO! But the game was a hit. Here are some pics of our time at the game:)
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
So I am sitting here on the train with John Hunter asleep, just talked to Eric to say good night, and I got the giggles. He asked what was so funny and I just said it was the number of characters that I have encountered today….
The train has been a great experience for the $120 we spent, but the laughs that I have had are priceless. I just wish John Hunter was old enough to share them with me….
So I am going to recap the highlights in list style:
- The lady in front of us was wearing a shower cap and John Hunter said to her “why you have that shower hat on?” She responded, “so I don’t mess up my hair” He came back with, “cause you washed it, because it stinks” GREAT!
- Too k the “red cap” cart to from the train to the baggage check after the frist train. I started up this HUGE converstaion with the lady on the train, who just started nodding… then when she went to say something to her daughters, they all started signing
- While in the “holding room” at union station in Chicago they were showing the funernal of Michael Jackson… though MANY people seemed to care, my only objective was to entertain the 2 year old who was not pleased with the 4 hour lay over. So we read one of his workbooks and started doing his ABC’s. He started singing and this LARGE man stared right at him and said, “come on son, respect the dead, we are trying to pay tribute to the KING”
- Well I am not sure if it was exaustion or just pure anger, but my response to the man was “unless your King ressurects in 3 days we will continue to learn our ABC’s
- John Hunter and I made reservations for the “dinner car” for dinner. It was a fun little date we were going to have. We explored the train before dinner and went and got in line. Well it was not just JH and I, they put you with other guest… so that meant we had to make small talk, just what I wanted to do…
- The good news is that JH charmed the waitress with his blue eyes and blonde hair so we were able to get some free ice cream
- We made our way back to the seats and watched Newies, which is a personal highlight for me!
-TThe lady next to mean has offically been given the award “WORST MOTHER EVER” From the 8+ hours I heard her talk on the cell phone (which apparently she doesn’t know how to put on vibrate because it went off OVER AND OVER) she has 7 children, all with different men, but only 2 with her. She has cussed, screamed, and talked down to the kids so much that I just want to take them home with me… however, I can only check 2 bags! AHHHH… people, please!
Well we are 20 min from the MN train station… I have offically been traveling for 19 hours…. But there is an end in sight! And I have to say I am SUPER thankful for my sister in law who has already asked to spend some time with JH in the morning so I can sleep in… of course you can Auntie S!
We have been up and at em' since 4 AM and although I took a little nap I am tired. JH slept for about 2 hours but I can tell he is winding down. We have another 2 hours before the train leaves so we are gonna keep doing puzzles and dancing to the tribute to MJ...
Here is a picture of JH when we first got on the train this morning... he was confident we were riding on Thomas or Gordon.... so he did excellent. We are praying for another nap....this leg of the trip is over 8 hours so if you think about it... say a little prayer for us!
Sunday, July 5, 2009
After the lunch cookout we came home to take naps... and let me mention I needed it! Well while I was taking my nap my sweet and wonderful husband went and bought me a GREAT gift.... a new camera. I have been looking at them for a while, and signed up for some photography classes, but this really sealed the deal. It is a Sony DSLR-300A.... and it is awesome! I love love love it! Thank you babe!
So with my new camera in hand and potato casserole as well as all of us in our 4th of July gear we walked through the rain to Larry & Sherry's house for a good ole' cookout. (They just live next store so we didn't get that wet) We had a great time, made some new friends, ate WAY TOO MUCH FOOD, and did a TON of fireworks. For the past couple of weeks we had been joking with Larry who said he wasn't buying any... so his son little Larry went and spent his $33 dollars of lawn mowing money to buy some. We lit those of Friday night, and Big Larry came through. He went to Sam's and bought the big guns. We did fireworks for HOURS. It was a blast!
We had a great 4th of July and are thankful for friends who took us in and have befriended us... but more importantly we are thankful for our freedom and the men and women who fought to give us that freedom. The words of God Bless American sums it up the best!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
So today was the neighborhood 4th of July Parade. When I found out about it I was beyond excited. We had so much fun decorating our little wagon. John Hunter looked SOOO cute in his get up. We had so much fun. There were SEVERAL families there, about 75 kiddos on their bike, wagons, strollers, etc. They had hot dogs, brownies, chips, and watermelon... how fun is that?
The fire department and police department to teach the kiddos some safety, then the parade began. Here are a few pictures of our day! Gavin and Marvin rode in the wagon with JH (they are his buddies) and Gavin's parents walked with us!!!
We are anxious for the rest of our weekend full of friend, cook outs and fireworks!
PS... in other news, I passed my Indiana state drivers test today... I am now an official resident. And I got a new license plate... yay me!