Saturday, January 14, 2012

Miss America


Let's be honest what little girl does not want to grow up and be Miss America. I have fond memories of always watching the show and even pretending I was Miss America. I have no desire to push Lynley to be Miss America but she can do whatever she wants and her dad and I will support her 100% however I can totally see him being a little hesitant on the pageant circle.

Anywhoooo.... today I woke up and said to Eric. A dream comes true today! I am gonna sit and watch the Miss America pageant with MY LITTLE GIRL! I know it will be the first of many to come, but for me tonight is special. As she sits in her rocker I am praying over her sweet life. prayers that God will use her no matter what she does. I am reminded of the popular movie "The Help" where Mae Mobley is told... you is kind, you is smart, and you is important. A great message girls need to hear, but when i say that line to Lynley I add the line and JESUS LOVES YOU! Oh sweet baby girl I love you so much, you will never have to earn our love and we are so blessed to have you in our lives!

** The above picture was taken on New Years Eve this year. It is me, lynley and Katie (Stam) Irk, Miss America 2009! At least I know we have surrounded Lynley with good and Godly role models!

No comments: