Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Homemade Chicken Fingers


Last night I had planned to make chicken stirfry with veggies and steamed rice. When I ran this idea by Eric he was not feeling it. I already had chicken thawing so we decided to give homemade chicken strips a try! And I have to say they were YUMMO! I used the following recipe!

I cut THREE large chicken breast in to strips

Marinated them in buttermilk for 15-20 min. (However I did not have any buttermilk so I made my own... 1/4 cup of white vinegar and 1 cup of regular. Pour vinegar first then milk and let stand for 25-20 min... or just use good ole buttermilk)

MIX 2 cups of whole wheat flour with your favorite spices. We used Essence of Emeril, garlic salt, a dash of oregano and pepper.

Meanwhile, take some veggie oil or shortening and get it frying on then stove. About an inch deep!

When the oil is sufficiently heated begin cooking the strips a few at a time. Cook them for about a minute and a half or so on each side. When golden and crispy, remove them to a paper towel lined plate!

Get out the ranch, blue cheese, or ketchup and start dipping!!! Then ENJOY!

No comments: