Thursday, November 10, 2011

Operation Christmas Child



Each year in MOPS we have had the opportunity to participate with Operation Christmas Child. It is something I love to do and it always gets me in the Christmas spirit. This year was one of the first years JH was old enough to understand the concept and get into it. I tried explaining that we were getting gifts for a kid who otherwise would not have any for Christmas and pretty much all they were getting was what was inside the box. He got that, but he kept asking for things as well. Again I reminded him and he seemed to get it, but not really.

We came home from Target and started packing the box up. He loved the wrapping and what not, but I could tell there was no connection. So I pulled out the handy dandy ipad and searched youtube for operation christmas child. There were TONS of videos of testimony, how to's and so forth. We are a huge American Idol family so when I saw that Scotty McCreary had posted a video of him packing a box I knew we were set. We saw the kids, the concept, and how it impacts kids lives all across the world, and then it clicked for JH.

John Hunter thought it was the coolest thing ever. I am so glad we did it and I cannot wait until next year to do it again!



No comments: