Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thoughts before Kindergarten

*** the only way I could put into words what my heart is feeling now***

His book bag is hung on a hook by the door, and his lunch box is packed with healthy foods galore.

You know that his clothes have been ironed to a tee. And he hopped into bed with excitement and glee.

But as we said his prayers tonight, I squeezed my little boy extra long and tight.

Tomorrow when he wakes a new adventure begins, and deep in my heart I'm excited for him.

But tonight, at this moment, this momma is cryin'. He grew up so fast, I feel like a part of me is dying.

Sweet Jesus hold him tight on this journey he goes. Our prayer will always be its you that he knows.

So as school starts tomorrow and this adventure begins. May he walk out that door confident knowing we love him!!

1 comment:

Mama Smors said...

I hope he had a great day!!!