Monday, October 8, 2012

Praying over your husband!

Each morning as I wake I quickly jump into my same old routine. Get kids up, fed, clothed, and start into my daily to do list. Does anyone ever do the same thing? But about 6 months ago i started asking Eric specifically how I could pray for him each day. This started out as the small things: good day, no drama, and all the stuff that goes into work. Then he started realizing that in fact daily I was lifting him up, the big things or the small things I was standing in the gap for him.

I know I am not the first wife to ever pray for her husband, and I am SURE I am not the best at it. But no matter what season of life we are in I have made it an effort to pray for him. And in return he started praying for me! And ladies I tell you that is better than any flowers delivered to your door!Now friends this isn't rocket science, but it has opened the lines of communication between Eric and I greatly. 

So my challenge for all of you all is this.. pray for your spouse. Don't just say you are gonna do it actually carve out time and do it. Small  or large the Bible tells us to present our request to God. He also tells us that a cord of THREE strands is not easily broken. So today, ask your honey... how can I pray for you? I promise you will see a change!

No comments: