Today as we welcome 2013 I thought I would take a moment and say goodbye to 2012. All it all i would say it was a great year. As with many years it has had it ups and downs, but we can look back and be confident that the LORD was with us throughout the year. I have compiled at list of 12 things (see 20"12") that were great for the White family! They are in no particular order... just wrote it out this way!
1) Superbowl was in Indy. It was such an exciting time for our city with all the buzz of the Superbowl. It helps that I have TWO HUGE football fans living under this roof. We were able to go down to Superbowl Village several times. Once as a family for my birthday and then Eric and I won tickets to see Jimmy Fallon which was great! We had a blast! The whole fam wore vikings gear even though they weren't in the big game! But we had a great time nonetheless!
6) 1st day of Kindergarten! We always knew this day would come, but when it did this momma was a mess. I am so proud of my doodle and the big boy he is becoming! He went confidently into Geist Elementary and has shone like a star ever since. I cannot believe we are 1/2 way through the year! He has come so far... he can even READ!!
7) Home is where the heart its! About june Eric thought it would be a great idea to put our house on the market. I thought why not? Well it sold in 28 days! We were not prepared for that, but we loved house hunting. We were super sad to leave our neighbors (although we see them all the time) but we were super blessed with new ones! We loved about a mile down the road. It is a great house and after about a week Eric and I both looked at each other and said, this feels like home! We could NOT have done this move without the help of my amazing parents who scaraficed 2 weeks to help us pack, paint, build, unpack, organize and just be the amaizng people that they are! Thank you so much.... we LOVE you more than words can express!
8) Our sweet princess turned one! We had a blast celebrating her with family and friends. She was thrilled about her party and she of course LOVED her cake! We didnt do a theme, but everything was in polka dots and cheveron. It was adorable to say the least! Time surely has flow by and although she is only 1 year old, I cannot imagine life without her! John Hunter has adjusted so well to the role of a big brother. He is her friend, buddy, projector, nurturer, and confidant!
12) John Hunter got a special surprise when we went home to KY in December. Granddad took him to his very first UK Basketball game. They won the game against Portland. John Hunter was thrilled it was a real rite of passage. As soon as we got home he hung the "3" up in his room with pride. Thanks guys for making that memory possible!