Monday, December 5, 2011

Breakfast in Bethlehem




Each year our church does a breakfast call Breakfast in Bethlehem. It is a time where you go eat a pancake dinner, watch the christmas story come to life and sing carols with the family. It is super fun, and I love to see the kids watch the Christmas story come to life. We had a great time at it this year, but if there is one take away from this event it is a funny John Hunter story.


As you might now, we let John Hunter watch Soul Sufer. The movie about Bethany Hamilton the surfer who lost her arm to a shark bite while surfing. To say the is obsessed with that movie would be an understatement. So I said to him to Friday night that we were going to Breakfast in Bethlehem. To which he replied, do you think they will have surf boards? Confused I said, NO. And he said, I cannot believe Bethany would not bring her surf board to show me her shark bite. While snickering I responded, no honey, we are going to eat with Bethany Hamilton we are going the Bethlehem. That kid cracks me up!

Anyway the breakfast was great and the plus was we got to sit with John Hunter favorite girl, Emmy! What a blessing to be apart of a church who wants to teach children the REAL meaning of Christmas!

No comments: