Thursday, November 26, 2009

A Thanksgiving Post

Today (well really last night) I was reflecting on all of the things we are thankful for,however this post is not going to be a list of thankful things! This is going to be a post about a Thankful experience!

A year ago, was when this whole moving, wilderness experience started! When there was talk about moving to Indy, I was listening to the words of Selah's part the waters? Do you remember?
When I think I'm going under, part the waters Lord
When I feel the waves around me, calm the seas
When I cry for help oh hear me LORD, and hold our your hand
Touch my life, calm the raging storms in me!

I remember thinking of Moses walking through the Red Sea. The fear, the unknown, and the faith. No where am I a comparing myself to Moses, but I felt like leaving my home and all familiar was my own Red Sea experience!

Living in our rental house was a wilderness experience for me (well for us). The Lord provided our own form of manna, in neighbors who we cannot imagine life without, friends who he literally placed in our path, a church family that we would be lost without, and he has allowed our little family of three to be closer!

When were so excited when the LORD provided us renters for our Lexington house, so we started looking for our new home. From the beginning we prayed that God would open doors and close windows. We found a home after making an offer on 7 that we love! We were super excited to move, but then things started popping that were out of our control! And now we do not have a home, nor will it look like we will be getting one. We are now looking at renting another home for a year. When we got the news it was devastating. Another Wilderness experience for us, but we are confident that God has a plan. We honestly cannot imagine what it is, but we trust him. We know that He would not have brought us to Indiana without a home or purpose in mind! And today on thanksgiving, we are grateful for that!

Now we when we get home from our family getaway in Gatlinburg, we will begin our search for our new home, and trusting Yaweh each step of the way!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

girly, He's got a home just waiting for you all at the perfect time! Will be praying for you and yours.