Monday, November 2, 2009

We have come so far...

One year ago today I wrote these words...

Can you believe it? One year ago today we announced that we would be moving to Indiana, I remember sitting in our living room weeping as I wrote those words. Well a lot has changed in a year. I really didn't seeing myself making it to this point. I have kinda always kept this date in my mind over the past few months, know that the "one year" was approaching.

I would not say this year has been easy, actually it has been one of the hardest years of my life. I spent 5 months without Eric,my parents no longer live next door, I left my "home", and said good bye to my comfort zone, and my church. All those things were hard, really hard. But there have been some good things as well. I have met some amazing women of the LORD, I have some excellent friends, we have awesome neighbors, our little family of three has grown so close, and we have found a new church home, one that we love! I could write so many other things about this transition, but as I wrote last year, the LORD has spoken to me through song. Last year's song was "Part The Waters", remember?

Yesterday we sat at church and welcomed the Holy Spirit, sure he was already there, heck, he has prepared the moment before it happened, but it was there! The sermon was excellent, and the worship was amazing. During communion a song was sung, that has been the anthem of my life for the past several months. Today I did a little research about the history of the song:

: Ad e laide A. Poll ard, 1907. Pol lard be lieved the Lord want ed her in Af ri ca as a mis sion a ry, but she was un a ble to raise funds to go. In an un cer tain state of mind, she at­tend ed a pray er meet ing, where she heard an el der ly wo man pray, “It’s all right, Lord. It does n’t mat ter what You bring in to our lives, just have Your own way with us.” At home that night, much en cour aged, she wrote this hymn.

Have Thine own way, LORD!

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Search me and try me, Master, today!
Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,
As in Thy presence humbly I bow.

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Wounded and weary, help me, I pray!
Power, all power, surely is Thine!
Touch me and heal me, Savior divine.

Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Hold o’er my being absolute sway!
Fill with Thy Spirit ’till all shall see
Christ only, always, living in me.

So here I sit today, different house, different state, different couch, heck even different cell phone number but my anthem is still the same, Have thine own way LORD!

3 comments:

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

That's a song we sing at Hollow Rock all the time...it's a hard one to sing if you really mean it! :) You have come far in a year, my friend, and just imagine what God could do in the next year!

Em said...

Friend, so proud of you. You did it! We miss you but you are doing well up north...God has a plan!

robert said...

Thanks for the hymn, "Have Thine Own Way," and for passing on a bit of information about Adelaide Pollard. (Today is actually the 147th anniversary of her birth.)

Did you know that she actually did make it to Africa as a missionary? Sometimes what we are trying to do may be God's will for us, but not God's timing. To learn a bit more you can check out my daily blog on hymn history, Wordwise Hymns. God bless.