Monday, April 26, 2010

Angels In Heaven




So today I made an amazing chocolate cake if I do say so myself.... it is for the Ronald McDonald House and I really hope they like it! I know John Hunter and I had a great time making it... the name of the cake is called Angels in Heaven... I thought I would share the recipe with you, because it is super simple!

1 box yellow cake mix
1 (3 oz.) box instant vanilla pudding
1 (3 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 (8 oz.) sour cream
1 cup oil
1/4 cup water
1 (6oz) bag of chocolate chips

MIX all ingredients together, beat until smooth
POUR batter into greased bundt pan
BAKE @ 325 for 50-60 min.

** I sprinkled mine with powdered sugar because presentation is EVERYTHING... but it does not call for it!

It' delicious... can you tell :)

2 comments:

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

Love that little chocolate face! That sounds yummy...I hope it doesn't get stuck in my head and force me to make it tonight. :)

Jennifer said...

I tried this recipe this weekend and it was great. But my cake wasnt nearly as dark as yours for some reason? Yours looks like a dark chocolate and mine looked like a milk chocolate (for lack of a better way to describe it, ha!). Did you use yellow cake mix? I thought maybe you used chocolate cake mix and that was the difference?
Either way, really good. But im just trying to figure out what I did wrong :)