Monday, September 21, 2009

First day/ week of School


So John Hunter and I had a great first day/week of school. Packing lunches, early risen' and getting in a routine has taken a toll on me, but I am slowly adjusting. We are thrilled with the school, I love his teachers (and so does he) and I love my students. Guess that is all you can ask for?

When I picked him up she said, "John Hunter just does have a competitive spirit?" Wonder what that means? Then his eyes were puffy and red and he was crying from where they are supposed to be "napping". I knew there was no way this would happen, and had already warned the teacher, but he did NOT like having to stay on his cot!
My classroom was great, I was exhausted at the end of the day and love those sweet little faces. What a blessing for my sweet friend Kelly to cook JH and I dinner that night since Eric was out of town, then it was girls night at Starbucks, while Kelly and Katie's husbands kept ALLLL the children. Mine included which cried when I left :( but it was a great way to end the day!
PS... I thought my wallet was stolen on this day as well and was SUPER bummed. However I misplaced it and it was upstairs the WHOLE time. I can be know to have too much on my plate:)

No comments: