Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Recap Home

This weekend we went home and moved EVERYTHING out of our Kendall Lane house. It was bittersweet. More bitter than sweet at this point, but I do feel good knowing that it is ALL done! Along with the moving came several parties and playtime at Gigi's house. We got to have an AMAZING dinner with our best friends the Wainscott's organic cow and all. And we had so much fun until we started talking about bed bugs. And within minutes Eric and John were off to Lowes to buy the UV light that Dr. Oz recommends. And NO... they did not have one, but if they did I promise BOTH families would have been owners that night!
Eric left with a 26 Uhaul at 6 AM Saturday morning to head back here. We was nervous about the drive but made it. That left JH and I to play with Gigi and that we did! Thanks Gigi for the cowboy boots... we wear them well!
We helped celebrate Brady's first birthday. I remember being up at the hospital on the day he was born and it DOES not seem like that long ago. I looked at Jen and said, who would have thought when we were up in that room that I would be living in Indy and you would be moving to Charlotte. What a difference a year makes, and when you are obedient to the will of the Father. We are so blessed to know Brady and his amazing family and will forever consider them our lifelong friends!



Sunday it was good to be back at Southland and worship there. John Hunter got to go to the Zone (which was bitter sweet for me since I spent most of my 20's there) But I knew he was in good hands and it was so comforting to know. After church we went and celebrated at the Baby Shower of Payton Kendrick (my cousin's Seth baby) it was great to see everyone and a good time was had by all. Oh not to mention how cute all the baby girl stuff was.

After leaving the shower we headed to Raleigh Shuck's 3rd Birthday Party.... it was at Amerisports and we had a blast. John Hunter got his energy out and for sure worked off his sugar high. What a sweet time it was to celebrate with a true Princess. We love you Raleigh Bird!


1 comment:

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

These pictures are all great! It was so good to be with you all at both parties this weekend. And I LOVE the progression of JH's pics at the top of your blog.