Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A year of change...


In a nut shell I am gonna say that 2010 was bad year. There are SEVERAL reasons that come to mind, some worth sharing some not. The year started off my turning 30 which is a milestone that I don’t want to relive. I had big plans for 30, but confident I can still succeed. 30 was a hard year, it was hard for me, my marriage, my family, and those that know me. Throw in debt, deception, miscarriage, and lies of Satan the this year was no good.

All that to say that when God created me there was a reason I was to live in the year 2010 and He has some things He wanted me to learn. A LONG time ago a good friend told me that the finest metals go through the hottest fires, and this when is burning. I can say I have fallen more in love with my Maker this year than in years past, probably because I have had to rely on Him for everything! So in honor of 2010 (and I don't like to honor this year) I have come up with a top 10 things I have learned for 2010!

1) God's grace is extended to us through Him and through His people.

2) God places people in our life for a reason and for a season.

3) Authentic friendship is being real, transparent, and vulnerable.

4) The easy choice might be easy for a moment, but the harder choice will produce life and fruit

5) Being a parent is more than just calling yourself mom. Is is mimicking the role of our heavenly father.

6) My time is valuable, but my family is first. Sometimes in life we need to say NO to things that entice us, and YES to family first!

7) God loves me just the way I am, but He is always challenging me and changing me to be more like HIM.

8) This world is not my home, and it is my job to invite others into our heavenly home!

9) Life should be about community, so surround yourself with the people you love.

10) Cherish and treat your husband/ spouse the way you did when you dated, life might not be a bowl cherries, but at least you have another cherry to share it with!

No comments: