Tuesday, February 17, 2009

There's no place like home....

I wish all I had to do was click my peep toe red patent leather pumps and I would be HOME! However over the past few days I have been reminded that this is my new home. Let me give you a quick run down of what that has looked liked:

THE BAD:
- Lots of crying
- Ordered pizza and went to the wrong location to pick it up
- Took my 2 year old grocery shopping for the first time in a new store which meant we had to go up and down EVERY aslie, because where the heck is the brown rice?
- The special needs grocery bagger called me grouchy
- My parents aren't next door
- The dollar general doesnt take out of state check or MASTER CARD... oh they also speak VERY little English
- 2 trips to Target... only because that is one of the few stores I know how to get to
- We have no Washer or dryer and with a 2 year old... it is kinda a necessity!
- Oh In order to switch to a Indiana drivers license, you have to retake your Drivers test... written and vision.... WHAT?
SOME GOOD THINGS:
- John Hunter and I went to a Gymboree Class and it was super fun... I think we will sign him up.
- A lady and her son invited us to go eat after the class
- A friend from the past invited John Hunter and I to go play at the mall
- I am visiting a MOPS group at a local church on Friday
- I started religously doing my ZUMBA video... so much fun!
- Skype is the greatest invention because I can talk to my mom and dad... and even see them!
- Today we bought a new couch... chocolate leather... and I LOVE IT!Well it is just Tuesday. The Lord is teaching me alot this week about trusting in HIM! I had to have a cryfest yesterday so I left JH with Eric, got in my car. Drove to Target (becasue I know how to get there and who doesnt love target). While driving I had my trusty Selah CD in, and the song that was on was "Great is Thy Faithfulness". I will leave you with these words of hope today.... I love the 4th verse that says:

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside


3 comments:

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

Oh, I'm sorry you're going through this. I was exactly the same way when we moved (except mix it with a little postpartum and you get an even BIGGER hormonal mess!). :) I'm praying for you. It's not easy but it changes you for the better, I promise! Love you so much!

Em said...

Friend, I know how you feel. We are cut from the same cloth when it comes to staying close to home and when we moved to JAX after marriage it was one of the hardest things ever. But when I look back at those times, I smile. God was so faithful, Colin and I grew so close, and we depended on Him for everything. We miss you and I am so proud of you!

Mama Smors said...

I can't imagine what you are going through~ but rest in the thought that you are SO loveable and in no time you will have a strong circle of friends and a church that is welcoming your family with open arms. We love you and are ready for you to click those shoes together and return to KY next week! *the new blog layout is super cute!