Monday, April 6, 2009


Matthew 26

36-38Then Jesus went with them to a garden called Gethsemane and told his disciples, "Stay here while I go over there and pray." Taking along Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, he plunged into an agonizing sorrow. Then he said, "This sorrow is crushing my life out. Stay here and keep vigil with me."

39Going a little ahead, he fell on his face, praying, "My Father, if there is any way, get me out of this. But please, not what I want. You, what do you want?"

40-41When he came back to his disciples, he found them sound asleep. He said to Peter, "Can't you stick it out with me a single hour? Stay alert; be in prayer so you don't wander into temptation without even knowing you're in danger. There is a part of you that is eager, ready for anything in God. But there's another part that's as lazy as an old dog sleeping by the fire."

42He then left them a second time. Again he prayed, "My Father, if there is no other way than this, drinking this cup to the dregs, I'm ready. Do it your way."

Today my mind had been drawn to the Garden. I love Holy Week for so many reasons, but there is something that brings me to the Garden this year. Maybe because for the last several months I feel like I have had my own Garden experience. Have you ever been there? Pleading with God.
I sure have.

I will follow God wherever He sends me, to Indiana, to Haiti, or wherever He has planned. Jesus knew the Master plan, but he wanted to plea in the Garden. He knew the road ahead would not be easy, but the knew the reward was great.

This move to Indy has not been easy... but I feel the outcome will be great! It has been so hard to be away from my family and friends, but it has forced me to be at home more with John Hunter and reconnect with my husband. John Hunter loves the Need to Breath song, "YAWAH" we sing it ALL day long. There is a line in the song that says, "Yawah, Yawah, great is your glory, you go before me!" I know that He has gone before me here, and will go before me wherever I go!

So I have not left the garden yet, I find myself spending great amounts of time in His word, at His feet, and in constant worship with Him. Sometimes still pleading, not my will, But yours! So today I ask what your is your garden? Are you homesick, feeling overwhelmed by what the future holds, frightened by your finances? I don't know your garden, but I know your Maker is there, and He has been there before? And He obeyed His father all the way to the cross because HE LOVES YOU!

So today....go to the garden!

No comments: