Friday, April 24, 2009

Mommy's take us to the zoo tomorrow... well today


This morning when I went in to get JH out of his room I told him we were going to the ZOO... he got so excited he started to jump up and down. So we got our clothes on, teeth brushed, our handy dandy directions and off we went. We met my friend Andrea (who went to Asbury) and her two kiddos Callie and Tycen. Let me just say, I knew her in college but thanks to this wonderful blogging world felt like I have known her forever... how fun is that!

Anyway, the kids had a great time. The weather was great... and to be honest, it was good for my soul to see a familiar face in an unfamilar state. We stayed for a couple of hours, went to the dolphin show, saw the lions, tigers, and bears, OH MY... and then headed home. I am loving living in a city where you can wake up, go to the zoo, come home for lunch, nap, and the rest of your day... how cool is that!

So here are a few pics from our Friday Fun day.... Thanks for the invite Andrea, can't wait to play again soon:)
John Hunter and Callie looking at the horses....

Getting ready to watch the Dolphin Show... which by the way was my favorite part!
In the tunnel underneath the dolphin show... how cool is it that there is a dolphin RIGHT there... John Hunter thought it was soooooo cool!

What a great day we had at the zoo....THANK YOU GOD for all your amazing animals!

1 comment:

Whitney (for the rest of the Shouses) said...

so fun! I'm so glad you got to see a familiar face...I was like that when we went to Grayson. When people travelling through would call and want to meet us at McDonald's off the exit, I was so excited! :)