Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thankful Thursday (January 3)

So each Thursday I am going to do a post on the things that I am grateful for. Growing up I always sang the song with my mom:

"Count your blessings name them one by one, Count your blessings see what God has done. Count your many blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done!"

So each Thursday I am gonna set aside some time for the things that I am Thankful for!

Today I am Thankful for this guy..... Eric Peter White

I have know this man for over 10 years. We have been married almost 9 years, and I can honestly say there is no one I would rather do life with!

He is one of the hardest workers I know. He cares a lot about his job so that he can do well to provide for the children and I. He pours is heart and soul into his work. And although there are times his job drives me crazy I am thankful he provides for us!

He is a madly in love with me and the children. He is a great dad, and great husband, and great spiritual leader. He is constantly encouraging me to do things with my life that I dream of, he is supportive of me when I get a hair brain idea. He loves to have very deep talks about the meaning of life. He is the perfect match for me. We are both strong willed, stubborn, hard headed, and rotten to the core. His sister said it best one Christmas, "Eric met his match when he met you, and we knew from that point on he had fallen head over heals".

He loves to entertain. Actually we both do which makes for some interesting events. He is a great cook. He loves to try new things, whip up something without a recipe, and serve as many people as possible.

He is fun loving... He has his hobbies (that often annoy me) but he loves to play with the children and I. He enjoys doing yard work and such outside and he loves a new adventure!

So today as I write. I am thankful for Eric. Long before I knew a boy existed in Minnesota, I knew God had the perfect match for me. Our marriage has not been easy, i would not say it has been roses and wine. But we have grown closer to God and closer to each other. We have lived by the mantra what if marriage were to make you holy and not happy, and for that I am grateful!

No comments: