Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday

**** UPDATED WITH A NEW ADDITION****

So this Thursday morning I find myself extremely stressed out, but also very thankful! I am tired and can't seem to fight the weariness. But in the midst of the fog, I am thankful for these things:

1)The Fusion Razor


If you have seen my husband over the past few weeks you have seen this growth on his face... I have hated it from the beginning, to the point where John Hunter saw it he said "YUCK". Well when I got home yesterday it was gone. YEAH! My husband came back. I was so thrilled to see his smooth face!

2) Anna Braun

Also know as my sister in law. I love this girl. I feel like I have watched her grow up. When i met her she was still in high school, now she is a happily married women. Well she called me yesterday and told me she sent me a book. Now I love books, but I have been wanting this book for a while. "After all the Boxes" it is a book about following your husband to a new location put out by focus on the family. I am so thrilled to read it... and so thankful for the giver of it.

3) Gas prices

When I filled up my big ol' car for less than $50 (on premium gas) I felt like someone had given me a $40 gift card. I now will be going to the Henry Brown sale (or at least I would like to). **** ACTUALLY I just got back from the Henry Brown sale and got this little lovey. I love it and the man who DEMANDED I go and get it!!! Love you babe! I am thankful that as we transition (which I think there will be a lot of driving) that gas prices are low!

4) The Election is over!

I am glad that we can all rally behind 1 president and that mud slinging is over. Isn't that what we were called to do??? The above picture was given to my by my dad on 9/11 and hangs in our house. I am reminded often of our forefathers, who gave up so much for what they believed. But in the midst of it all.... prayer is what carried the leaders. Now the prayers of this nation will carry us forward!

5) Thanksgiving....is almost here!

I love thanksgiving for so many reasons. I love that it is getting closer and I am reminded of that often as I have so many of the above turkey shirts to make!!! But with each one I do (and they take some time) I have found myself praying for all the things I am thankful for in my life!!!

1 comment:

Mama Smors said...

I love love love the turkey shirt!